Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Liz Smith on Why Madonna wore antlers to the Met Costume Gala and Jesus

wowowow.com

Sorry to oppress you about our friend Madonna but she seems to me to be one of rare ones making any news these days. (Falling off horses, trying to adopt impoverished children; it’s still front-page fodder.)

So I just had to ask a member of her inner circle: What was up with Madonna’s wacky outfit at the Metropolitan Museum Costume Gala last week? (Were those antlers on her head, or antennae to contact aliens?) Especially since she attended with her friend, young Jesus Luz, who looked sensational and was wearing a traditional black-tie tuxedo. The answer came: “Liz, she is never going to be what some of her fans want – a woman in classic glamour couture, all the time. She is on the edge, fashionwise, and every other way. Look, she was having fun that night. She wasn’t taking herself or her clothes seriously. Given her workload and a personality that never lets her rest, we’re always happy when she just has fun!”

I did put up online Robin Platzer’s incredible photograph from that night of 22-year-old Jesus with an accompanying comment on his good looks. The response to this picture was incredible! I think on the wowOwow.com site we had only one woman who bounded in to say we should be more serious and not waste everybody’s time. (Along with somebody asking if I was “on Madonna’s payroll.” Hmmmm … I guess I’m on Dolly Parton’s payroll, too!)

But I very much enjoy the beauty of young Mr. Luz. And Madonna’s own PR rep, the perspicacious Liz Rosenberg, went out of her way to e-mail me, after she saw my Flash: “Trust me, what you wrote about this heartthrob is a total understatement. This is truly the most gorgeous boy I have ever seen in my life and you can say you were the first to write about him because, baby, he’s a star!” This from a woman who reps not only Madonna, but Cher, Stevie Nicks, Michael BublĂ©, Josh Groban – she knows from stars.

So, again, we give you Jesus Luz. Man of the hour. And man of Madonna’s hour!

No comments: